Strex is now integrated in Drupal!
You can now use Strex to send SMS messages from Drupal. Ny Media and Strex have cooperated on a integration module that makes sure Strex can now be installed and used together with Drupal's SMS functionality.
Who is Strex and why do I need their SMS functionality in Drupal?
Strex is one of Norway's largest players in mobile payment and SMS communication, and is owned by the mobile operators Telenor, Telia and Ice. More than 4.6 million Norwegians have already used one or more of Strex's services. Strex has two main products:
- Strex Connect which is a complete SMS platform for incoming and outgoing SMS
- Payment solutions that are integrated into a large number of services in Norway.
The first version of the module concentrates on the SMS functionality. The module makes it possible to implement SMS sending in Drupal via the Strex Connect platform.
Examples of areas where the Drupal module have already been used:
- Two-step verification with SMS code at login.
- Mass communication in member solutions for sports management systems.
- Mass communication with personalized content via our marketing and personalization solution for shopping malls.
- Distribution of tracking and order status in our e-commerce solutions.
Questions about Drupal and the Strex module?
The main reasons why we want to use Strex for SMS handling is:
- Powerful and easy to use management service on strexconnect.no.
- Flexibility in relation to using several customer accounts and tagging of messages that make invoicing, re-invoicing and statistics easy to handle.
- Good availability of support and the product team at Strex.
- Competitive pricing.
Some facts about the integration
The module is an extension of Drupal's SMS Framework. The framework is designed to be able to be expanded with third-party providers of SMS services such as Strex. The framework itself takes care of, among other things:
- Sending SMS via integrated gateways (Strex SMS gateway is now an option here). SMS Framework supports having multiple gateways in the same installation.
- Collect, verify and store mobile number information on Drupal users.
- Mass sending of SMS to Drupal users based on batch operations.
- Send content or portions of content to mobile phones.
Technical information on how the SMS Framework and Strex integration specifically works and is set up can be found here.
How do I get started using Strex in Drupal?
If you are a customer of Ny Media already, just get in touch with your contact person, and we will help you get started.
If you have your own Drupal installation or are a company that offers Drupal services, then it is still very easy. All you need to do is:
- Create an agreement with Strex by filling out the following form.
- Download and install the module according to the instructions on drupal.org.
- Configure the module and start sending SMS from Drupal's SMS Framework functionality. More info can be found here.
- After you have used the module, you have a full overview of statistics etc. at strexconnect.no.