Akademika.no is one of Norway's largest online stores in terms of number of products.
Akademika is Norway's leading textbook retail chain and one of the country's largest importers of textbooka. Akademika is owned by Forlagshuset Vigmostad & Bjørke.
The chain operates a total of 30 bookstores in Oslo, Akershus, Bergen, Trondheim, Stavanger, Telemark, Buskerud, Møre og Romsdal, Bodø, Narvik and Tromsø, as well as an online store. The company's operations also include sales to libraries, wholesale and direct sales, and professional journals. The company also conducts copy sales for the University of Oslo.
Key numbers for Akademika
- 14 999 977 Products
- 30 Physical stores
- 501 Employees
- 486 Revenue in MNOK
What have we delivered to Akademika
- Business development in the form of consulting services. Content, payment, logistics, integration and workflow strategy.
- Consultations on design and communications.
- Technical project management and coordination of third parties in the project.
- Technical development of online store solution and all necessary integrations.
- Amazon Web Services Operations Services
- Analysis and tracking from GA, GTM and Enhanced Ecommerce.
Akademika.no is one of Norway's largest online stores in terms of number of products. And with that comes the need for maintenance and quality assurance of large amounts of information.
Features of the online store:
- many sources of product information (metadata)
- prioritizing information where multiple sources share the same product
- conversion of different currencies
- up to 250,000 product updates a day
- Quick and flexible search
- curriculum lists from over 20 colleges and universities
Klarna checkout is probably the overall most popular PSP in the nordic countries. It's generally considered a smooth checkout experience. The main reason for this is the fact that they have a very large user base that have used Klarna before. This means the users don't have to fill in their address and payment information when they come to your store, even though they never shopped in your specific store before.
However, limitations in the flexibility of Klarna Checkout might make it necessary to consider using Klarna Payments instead, which essencially is a headless (API) approach to the checkout so we can build unique checkout experiences for our customers.
Payment methods available through Klarna: Card, invoice, financing with downpayments over time.
Ny Media are maintainers of the official Drupal Klarna module and work closely together with Klarna to provide our clients with the best possible shopping experiences.
More info: klarna.com
CS-Web is a user-friendly store data solution that is tailor made for the professional trade and the fashion industry. The store data solution is developed through 25 years of experience in the retail trade, which gives the solution a wide breadth of functionality and flexibility.
We have made integrations for importing product prices, exporting orders, importing payment transactions to be performed against card companies and updating product balance.
For more information: CS-web
Infor M3 offers ultimate flexibility in operations, technology, and scale. As a multi-site, multi-country, and multi-company solution, M3 empowers your organization to adapt to changing business needs. It provides flexibility in managing mixed-mode and complex environments, with the agility to make quick adjustments at any time. Written in Java, M3 also gives you platform independence and choice.
We have created integrations by files (XML) and webservices (SOAP) for :
- real time product in stock information
- real time in which physical store can you find a product
- real time status for order and for each order line
- product price updates
- product stock information
- export of order and customer information
For more information: Infor M3
- Sales and customer follow-up
Fagbokforlaget's e-portal is a common system for all their digital products. There are several benefits for the customer:
One place for managing all users and products
One username and password for all our products
Authentication via FEIDE for both teachers and students
Automatic synchronization from school administrative system
The portal contains all digital resources, and it is easy to get an overview of which products you can access.
For more information: fagbokforlaget.no
VitalSource is the most used e-textbook delivery platform in higher education with over 4 million users worldwide.
VitalSource is a global leader in building, enhancing, and delivering e-learning content. The VitalSource Bookshelf® platform is the most used e-textbook delivery platform in higher education. Content from more than 500 of the world’s top academic publishers is available to Bookshelf platform users, including those living with disabilities, on a variety of operating systems and devices.
For more information: vitalsource.com
- Statistics and analysis
Google Analytics is a free to use, powerful tool for analyzing the state of your website and your customers behaviour. We'll integrate this into your site as tightly as possible so that you can get all necessary data on traffic, visitors, behaviour and conversion. As an example on some of the things you'll get insight into:
- What kind of people are visiting your site/store and what are they doing when they're there?
- Which pages has the best conversion and how can we optimize that even more?
- Where does your traffic come from and which channel converts best?
- What are ROI (return on investment) on the different marketing campaigns and channels you are running?
- Track and monitor custom goals you set up in Google Analytics.
- Detailed info on e-commerce behavior and conversions through EE (Enhanced E-commerce) integration.
Ny Media has a lot of experience with analytics in general and Google Analytics specifically. When making changes to a website, we always base it on facts from your actual users and marketing campaigns.
More info: www.google.com/intl/no_no/analytics/